Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Glory Glory!

I am listening to a friend's iTunes library and it's amazing how excited Daniel Bashta is when he sings! Like really, have you heard him? He's so enthusiastic when he worships it's hard not to think about how much he must love God! He just lets it out!
It reminds me of how I sing to worship. Many times I'm singing with a couple other people in a worship band. Sometimes people come up to me afterward and say how nice I sounded and I thank them, feeling kind of awkward. I also love to sing out when I'm on my own. But there's something different and very special about singing in a large choir. For me it's the most fantastic experience! When I think about it (and I try not to think about it when I'm actually singing for fear the lyrics will escape me or tears start coming, then I can't sing at all...), it's like I'm already in a heavenly choir, singing as one voice and praising the Lord.
This year is my second year in the Portland's Singing Christmas Tree, and both years I've been so excited to get my music, start listening and practicing with the choir, rehearsing in the Keller and finally watching the curtains part to a load of people awaiting to hear the voices of the Tree—10 times btw. When I sing, I'm trying not to cry because it's sooo pretty! I can't even see ourselves and I know how pretty it all is. And I know the audience sees it because it's in our faces, voices and performance.
Last year a little girl came up to me after a performance and asked if I was one of the angels. I smiled said yes, I was an angel in the big singing tree. She smiled and went off with her parents. That's how I feel when I sing. I feel like that little girl, completely in awe at everything we sing together. And nothing else matters. The Tree's voice is reaching people and telling them the good news of Christ.
And I'm in it, worshiping.

The sun went down like any other day.
But unaware the world just slept away.
It was a silent night for many, some heard but didn't care.
But to those who had been waiting, the noise was everywhere.

Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory glory, to the new born King!
Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory to the new born King,
Glory to the new born King!

The melody was carried by the wind,
"no need to fear, peace and good will to men."
It echoed off the mountains and filled the valleys low.
A good news celebration for all the world to know.

Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory glory, to the new born King!
Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory to the new born King,
Glory to the new born King!

Angels sing, Glory Glory!
To the King, Glory Glory!
Spread the joy across the land, Christ is born in Bethleham.
Angels sing, Glory Glory!
To the King, Glory Glory!
Come and worship and adore, He will reign forever more!

Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory glory, to the new born King!
Hark the harold angels sing,
Glory to the new born King,
Glory to the new born King!

No comments:

Post a Comment